The Chamber Connection
by: Meredith Caddell
May 17, 2012
Texas State Champion Homemade Ice Cream Freeze-Off-Saturday, June 9th at 4:00pm.
Entry forms are available for the 11th Annual Texas State Champion Homemade Ice Cream Freeze-Off at the Chamber of Commerce office at 300 Connally Street. The event will take place on Saturday, June 9th at 4:00pm at the Civic Center! Prizes are awarded in three categories: Little Dips (Ages 6-12), Big Dips (Ages 13 and Older) and Super Scoops (Previous first place winners). Entries will be judged in the following categories: Plain (Chocolate or Vanilla), Fruit (Single Ingredient Fruit) and Novelty (Mixed Ingredients). So start figuring out your favorite recipe and submit it for entry in the contest. And, by the way…there is NO ENTRY FEE!!! For more information, please call 903-885-6515.
Business After Hours hosted at the LaQuinta, TONIGHT, May 17th from 5:00-7:00!
The new owners of the Sulphur Springs LaQuinta, Hahn Hotels, invites you to mix it up at the Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours, Thursday, May 17th from 5:00-7:00, 1344 Eaton Drive. Please join us for food, drinks, beer and wine, networking and prizes…including the opportunity to win complimentary hotel stays. The new owners are proud and excited to be an active member of this community and look forward to meeting everyone at the Business After Hours.
Don’t Miss Relay for Life-Friday, May 18th – Saturday, May 19th at SSMS Track…Survivors walk at 7:00pm
That’s all for now…have a GREAT week!
Texas State Ice Cream Entry Form
Texas State Champion Homemade
Ice Cream Freeze-Off
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Judging at 4:00pm
Civic Center Grounds
Presented by the
Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce
First ($75) Second ($50) & Third ($25) places in Big Dips
First ($20 & prize) & Second ($10 & prize in Little Dips.
Plain—Chocolate and Vanilla
Fruit—Single ingredient fruit
Novelty—Mixed ingredients (i.e. Banana nut, Oreo)
3. Three Divisions:
“Little Dips” for ages 6 thru 12
“Big Dips” for ages 13 and over
“Super Scoops” for previous first place winners
4. All dashers and cranks or motors must have been removed and ice cream must be kept in original freezer container. It is suggested that ice cream be packed for a minimum of 3 hours prior to judging.
5. Only “real dairy products” of milk, cream, butter, non-fat dry milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, buttermilk, natural milk, etc. may be utilized to meet the dairy ingredient requirements. Non-dairy and imitation dairy products such as imitation spreads and refrigerated whipped toppings are not allowed and will disqualify the entry. Eggs must be fully cooked.
6. Categories will be judged according to Flavor, Texture, Body, Color, Melting Quality and Uniqueness of Recipe.
7. Entries must be DELIVERED by the contestant to the judge’s tent before 4:00pm. Judging begins at 4:00pm.
8. No entry fee required. Contestants and their families will be required to purchase a $3.00 bowl to sample the ice cream.
Registration deadline is
June 4, 2012
Special prize drawing for those who
register by the deadline
Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce
300 Connally Street
P.O. Box 347
Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
State & Zip _______________________
I hereby state that the dairy products used in this ice cream have been pasteurized. If my recipe includes eggs, the egg mixture was thoroughly cooked.
I understand that my entry will not be judged without a complete recipe below or on an attached sheet. Initials _______
______I will ______I will not allow my recipe to be published.