City Council Posts Agenda
For September Monthly Meeting
From City of Sulphur Springs
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
SEPTEMBER 4, 2012
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Announcements and proclamations.
- City Council will hear presentation from the University of Texas at Tyler, Health Science Center regarding Transformation Grant.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2621 amending the City of Sulphur Springs Code of Ordinances by amending Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances by amending Articles I and II and by adding Article IV, by changing the title of said code to the Environmental & Health Code; repealing Chapter 17, Articles II through IV, and repealing all other ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2622, the appropriations ordinance for the City of Sulphur Springs fiscal year 2012-2013.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2623, setting the tax rate for the City of Sulphur Springs for 2012.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2624, setting the water rate for the City of Sulphur Springs for 2012
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2625, setting the sewer rate for the City of Sulphur Springs for 2012.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2626, setting the sanitation rate for the City of Sulphur Springs for 2012.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2627, authorization of updated service credits.
- Discussion/action on Asset Forfeiture Budget.
- Discussion/action on the Economic Development Corporation Budget.
- Visitors and public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of August 7, 2012; Special City Council minutes of August 7, 14, 23, and 28, 2012; Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of August 20, 2012; Downtown Revitalization Board minutes of August 21, 2012; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of July 23, 2012.
- The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).