CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MARCH 6, 2012
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
MARCH 6, 2012
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
1. Pledge and invocation.
3. Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
4. Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
5. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2610 amending Section 25 of the City of Sulphur Springs Code of Ordinances by adding Section 25-58 which prohibits the use of Engine Brakes (aka as “Jake Brakes”).
6. Discussion/action on a request by owners Wayne Cooper, Joe Bob Burgin, and Corey Burgin to replat property located at 1600 Main Street, being further described as Lot 6 of Block 103, into two lots.
7. Discussion/action first reading of Ordinance No. 2611, a request by owners Wayne Cooper, Joe Bob Burgin, and Corey Burgin to rezone property located at 1600 Main Street, being further described as Lot 1 of Block 103, from Heavy Commercial (HC) to Light Commercial (LC).
8. Discussion/action on Final Plat of Pioneer Business Park a request by Roger Feagley/Economic Development Corporation to replat property located at the intersection of CMH Road and Main Street, being further described as Tract 218 of Abstract 1102.
9. Discussion/action on appointment to the Tourism and Promotion Board.
10. Visitors/public forum.
Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of February 7, 2012; Special City Council meeting minutes of February 21, 2012; Planning and Zoning Commission meeting minutes of February 20, 2012; Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals minutes of February 21, 2012; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of January 23, 2012.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).