City Council Posts Agenda
For Tuesday Meeting
From Gale Roberts, Sulphur Springs City Secretary
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
JANUARY 3, 2012
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on independent audit for the City of Sulphur Springs 2011.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2608, a request by owners Jeff and Sue Orwosky to rezone property located between West Posey Lane and Vaughn Drive, being further described as Lots 3, 4, 5, and 6 of Block 232 from Single Family 6,000 (SF-6); Lot 3 to Light Commercial (LC) and Lots 4, 5, and 6 to Heavy Commercial (HC).
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2609 amending Section 23-28 of the Sulphur Springs Code of Ordinances regarding Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for two extended cab backhoe loaders.
- Visitors/public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of December 6, 2011; Special City Council meeting minutes of December 9, 2011; Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of December 20, 2011; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of November 28, 2011.
- The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).