CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
FEBRUARY 5, 2013
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE HELD AT 6:30 P.M. IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE 551.072 DELIBERATIONS REGARDING REAL PROPERTY.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Announcements and proclamations.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on independent audit for the City of Sulphur Springs 2012.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2630, a request by owner Joe Bob Burgin to rezone property located at 597 South League Street, being further described as Lot 14-10 of Block 24-3, from Light Commercial (LC) to Heavy Commercial (HC).
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2631, a request by owner Henry L. Booker III, to rezone property located at 1401 College Street, being further described as Lot 3-02 of Block 221, from Light Commercial (LC) to Heavy Commercial (HC).
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2633 establishing maximum, reasonable and prudent rates of speed on certain portions of certain streets and highways and public places in the City of Sulphur Springs, repealing all ordinances and parts of ordinances in conflict herewith; setting penalties for violation hereof.
- Discussion/action on report regarding traffic stops and arrests.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1050 calling for election for City Council Places 4 and 5, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting.
(La discusión/acción en la Resolucīon el numero 1050(S) pidiendo la elección coloca 4 y 5, llamando a jueces de elección, y poniendo fechas para la votación temprana.)
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1051 authorizing the application for grant assistance under the Rules and Regulations of the Rural Housing Service.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1052 endorsing certain legislative action in the regular session of the 83rd Texas Legislature to enhance the competitive electric market and system reliability and to protect the traditional role of cities in the regulatory process.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item regarding acquisition or lease of real property.
- Visitors/public forum.