City Council Posts Agenda
For Tuesday Meeting
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
MAY 1, 2012
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Announcements and proclamation for Municipal Clerks Week.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2612 amending Chapter 15, Article II, Section 15-13, Weeds and other unsightly vegetation.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1035 directing publication of notice of intention to issue combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation.
- Visitors/public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of April 3, 2012; and Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of April 17, 2012.
- The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).