City Council Posts Agendas
Two Meetings Today
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
AUGUST 7, 2012
A special meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Discussion on the draft budget for fiscal year 2012 – 2013.
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
AUGUST 7, 2012
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Announcements and proclamations.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for the second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2618 prohibiting the use and contact with designated groundwater from beneath certain property within the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, to facilitate certification of a municipal setting designation of the property by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) pursuant to the Texas Health and Safety Code; providing a penalty; and providing for severability.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2620 authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2012, to provide funds for the purpose of refunding outstanding obligations of the city issued for various public improvements and for paying costs of issuance of the bonds; bearing interest at the rates hereinafter set forth; prescribing the form of bonds; levying ad valorem taxes for the payment of principal and interest on the bonds; making certain other covenants of the City in reference to the bonds and the funds from which said bonds are to be paid; approving an official statement and execution of a paying agent/registrar agreement; awarding sale of said bonds; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating thereto.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2621 amending the City of Sulphur Springs Code of Ordinances by amending Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances by amending Articles I and II and by adding Article IV, by changing the title of said code to the Environmental & Health Code; repealing Chapter 17, Articles II through IV, and repealing all other ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for reinsurance for City of Sulphur Springs Health Insurance Program for employees.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1040 ordering a Local Option Election for the legal sale of mixed beverages in restaurants by food and beverage certificate holders only.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1041 ordering a Local Option Election for the legal sale of beer and wine for off-premise consumption only.
- Visitors and public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of June 5, and July 7, 2012; Special City Council minutes of June 26, and July 10, 2012; Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of July 16, 2012; Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals minutes of July 17, 2012; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of June 25, 2012.
- The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).