City Council Posts Agenda
For Tuesday Meeting
From City of Sulphur Springs
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
OCTOBER 4, 2011
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE HELD AT 6:30 P.M. IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE 551.074, PERSONNEL MATTERS SPECIFICALLY RELATING TO THE POSITION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2596, a request by owners S. S. Seniors LLC, to rezone property located at 668 Gossett Lane, being further described as Lot 7-03 of Block 215, from Heavy Commercial (HC) to Multiple Family (MF).
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2603 amending Sections 23-34 of the Sulphur Springs Code of Ordinances regarding Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2604 providing for the issuance of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, Combination Tax and Surplus Revenue Certificates Of Obligation, Series 2011; bearing interest at the rates hereinafter set forth; to secure funds for the purpose of paying contractual obligations incurred for acquiring, constructing, installing and equipping additions, extensions and improvements to the city’s waterworks and sewer system, acquisition of equipment and vehicles for the waterworks and sewer department; and for paying legal, fiscal and engineering fees in connection with such projects; prescribing the form of certificates of obligation; levying ad valorem taxes and pledging surplus net revenues of the city’s waterworks and sewer system for the payment of principal and interest on the certificates of obligation; making certain other covenants of the city in reference to the certificates of obligation and the funds from which said certificates of obligation are to be paid; approving an official statement and awarding sale of said certificates of obligation; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating thereto.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2605 adopting the 2012 International Existing Building Code.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for selection of contractor for asbestos and lead based paint abatement at the Old Post Office/Library.
- Discussion/action on Specific Use Permit request for 400 East Shannon Road.
- Discussion/action on Specific Use Permit request for 1495 East Industrial Drive.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item regarding the hiring of a Community Development Director.
- Visitors/public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of September 6, 2011 and the Economic Development Corporation minutes of August 22, 2011. The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).