CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
DECEMBER 4, 2012
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at the Municipal Building located at 125 South Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Announcements and proclamations.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2629, a request by property owner, Wayne Cooper, to rezone property located at the corner of South Hillcrest and Main Street, being further described as Lots 3 and 4 of Block 101 from Light Commercial (LC) to Heavy Commercial (HC).
- Discussion/action on cancelling January 1, 2013 regularly scheduled City Council meeting and conducting a special meeting on January 8, 2013.
- Visitors and public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of November 6, 2012; Special City Council minutes of November 16, 2012; Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of November 1, 2012 and November 19, 2012; Downtown Revitalization minutes of November 20, 2012; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of October 29, 2012.
- The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).