City Council Posts Agenda For
Tuesday Monthly Meeting
From City of Sulphur Springs
CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
FEBRUARY 7, 2012
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE HELD AT 6:30 P.M. IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE 551.072, DELIBERATIONS REGARDING REAL PROPERTY.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 in the Council Room at 125 South Davis. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge and invocation.
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2610 amending Section 25 of the City of Sulphur Springs Code of Ordinances by adding Section 25-58 which prohibits the use of Engine Brakes (aka as “Jake Brakes”).
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1025 calling for election for City Council Places 1, 2, and 3, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting.
(La discusión/acción en la Resolucīon el numero 1025(S) pidiendo la elección coloca 1, 2 y 3, llamando a jueces de elección, y poniendo fechas para la votación temprana.)
- Discussion/action on report regarding traffic stops and arrests.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1026 supporting the proposed Heartland Village Apartments and approving an application for HOME funds to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1027 supporting the proposed Stonebridge of Sulphur Springs development and approving an application for HOME funds to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1028 supporting the proposed Royal Gardens development and approving an application for HOME funds to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
- Discussion/action on adoption of proposed City of Sulphur Springs Revitalization Plan for 2012.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for five (5) 10” Filter Rate of Flow Controllers and Filter Media for six (6) filters at the Water treatment Plant.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for a used heavy equipment tractor.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1029 suspending the March 6, 2012, effective date of Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division (Atmos Mid-Tex) requested rate change to permit the city time to study the request and to establish reasonable rates; approving cooperation with Atmos Cities Steering Committee (ACSC) and other cities in the Atmos Mid-Tex service area to hire legal and consulting services and to negotiate with the Company and direct any necessary litigation and appeals; requiring reimbursement of cities’ rate case expenses; find that the meeting at which this resolution is passed is open to the public as required by law; requiring notice of this resolution to the Company and ACSC’s legal counsel.
- Discussion/action on formal complaint filed on 226 Main Street.
- Discussion/action on motion to retain Alan Plummer Associates to perform a Treated Wastewater Effluent Indirect Reuse Implementation Study.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item regarding the purchase of real property.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for a management consultant for the Texas Capital Fund Program project under the Downtown Revitalization Program.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1030 designating the authorized signatories for drawdown requests from the Texas Department of Agriculture.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1031 adopting a Contractor Local Opportunity Plan.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1032 adopting Section 504 Grievance procedures.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1033 designating the month of February as Fair Housing Month.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1034 establishing rules and regulations regarding the use of excessive force.
- Visitors/public forum.
- Consider for approval: regular City Council minutes of January 2, 2012; Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals minutes of January 17, 2012; Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of January 17, 2012; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of December 19, 2011.
- The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).