Como House Fire Sends Owner
to Burn Center, Monday Night
by: Bobby McDonald
Hopkins County Firemen and EMS were called to the scene of a fire in the City Limits of Como, on Monday night, shortly after 8:00 p.m., where they found the lone occupant of the house suffering from severe burns. The victim was taken by EMS to a careflight, that transported him to Parkland Burn Center in Dallas.
Hopkins County Firemen were assisted by units from Como, Brinker, and Pickton-Pine Forest, as they extinguished the blaze, in the stucture, located South of Hwy-11, in Como. Firemen as the scene reported that it appeared the homeowner was attempting to light a propane-gas heater in the home, when the gas ignited and caught the structure on fire.
Firemen were on the scene until almost 11:00 p.m.